The Ontario Association of Home Inspectors Act, 1994 was created by Royal Assent on December 9, 1994 in the Ontario Legislature and operates as a Not-For-Profit.
1) The Ontario Association of Home Inspectors (OAHI) is dedicated to enhancing the technical skills and professional practice of Home Inspectors, and maintaining high professional standards through education and discipline.
2) To promote public awareness of the advantages of a home inspection.
3) To promote excellence within the profession by following the OAHI Standards of Practice which provides inspection guidelines, and the OAHI Code of Conduct which defines the member’s responsibility to act in a strictly fair, impartial, and professional manner.
4) To interact with other related professional bodies, representing practitioners in real estate, technology, the legal community, and government bodies.
5) The OAHI is committed to continue with its efforts to gain and maintain recognition within the professional community on behalf of all its members. Through hard work and the dedication of many volunteers, the OAHI, in a just a few short years, has established itself as the undisputed voice for Home Inspectors in Ontario.
Download the complete CAHPI (OAHI) Standards of Practice document:
OAHI logo and Goals courtesy of ONTARIO ASSOCIATION OF HOME INSPECTORS (OAHI)